After installation Supercharger displays a Database State page with "Please provide credentials to an existing Supercharger database or location where a new Supercharger database will be created"
This usually indicates on of the following reasons. Please use the suggested steps to resolve. It will help to install SQL Server Management Studio to perform most of the steps.
SQL Server 2016 is already installed
- Enable SQL Authentication (mixed mode) https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/database-engine/configure-windows/change-server-authentication-mode
- Run the following commands to create a user account for Supercharger. Specify a secure password in place of ????????????????
CREATE LOGIN ScManagerDbUser WITH PASSWORD=N'????????????????', CHECK_EXPIRATION=OFF
GRANT CONNECT ANY DATABASE TO ScManagerDbUser
ALTER SERVER ROLE [sysadmin] ADD MEMBER ScManagerDbUser
- Open Supercharger in your browser
- Provide the name SQL Server (localhost) including instance if applicable. If default instance just put localhost.
- Specify the user name and password from above
- Click Continue
SQL Server 2016 was installed, uninstalled
- Uninstall Supercharger
- Open Registry Editor
- Delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\130
- Re-install Supercharger
Another version of SQL Server is installed which is using port 1433
If the other version of SQL Server isn't needed stop the service.
If the other version of SQL Server is required then
- Enable and start SQL Browser service
- Re-configure SQL Server 2016 Express instance of SUPERCHARGER to use dynamic ports by setting the IPAII Dynamic Port to 0 (zero). https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/database-engine/configure-windows/configure-a-server-to-listen-on-a-specific-tcp-port
- Restart SQL Server 2016 Express
- Restart Supercharger Controller service
- Open Supercharger in your browser. After creating the database, the application should come up as normal
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!